Fairfax Pediatric Associates continues to work diligently to keep your family healthy during the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our goal is to provide the best care for your children while minimizing risk to patients, families, and our staff.
WHEN CAN MY CHILD GET THEIR COVID-19 VACCINE?
FPA has been working diligently to try and obtain COVID-19 vaccines to administer to those who are eligible, including adults in phases 1A and 1B. We are working with local health departments, Virginia Department of Health, and the Virginia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics on the logistics of receiving COVID-19 vaccines. As you may have heard, there is a significant shortage of vaccine supply nationally. Please do not call us about COVID vaccine appointments. We will call eligible patients once we have supplies available. This has been a dynamic and rapidly evolving process (as has many other things in the COVID-19 pandemic) FPA will continue to advocate for children’s health and keep families safe.
COVID TESTING FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN, INCLUDING NEW VARIANFPA has drive-through COVID testing available everyday Monday through Saturday. Our rapid tests are able to pick up the new variant of COVID as well as the previous variants of COVID!
Adult Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Testing
Do you need COVID-19 testing?
- Fairfax Pediatric Associates is now offering rapid antigen COVID-19 testing for adults by appointment.
- The fee for the test is $75.
- Processing, payment, and test results will be through DocuSign.
- The CDC endorses a 14 day quarantine for anyone who has had close contact with someone who is positive
COVID-19. The quarantine may be for 7 days if there is a negative test that occurs on day 5 or later
the close contact exposure.
Rapid COVID-19 Testing Available
- If you are concerned your child has COVID-19, been exposed to COVID-19, or need testing, we can help.
- FPA now has a rapid COVID-19 test that provides same-day results.
Well Checks in Office @ Greenbriar
- Are you willing to come in the office, but wondering what we are doing to keep you safe?
- All our staff, parents, and children >2 years of age are wearing masks.
- No crowded waiting rooms! All families wait in the safety of their own car until it is time to come up to the exam room.
- Daily temperature checks are done for all employees and anyone entering our suite.
- Only one healthy adult is allowed with a child for the visit.
- We have designated well child rooms and separate entrances for well patients.
- Our exam rooms continue to be cleaned thoroughly after each patient appointment.